Friday, May 30, 2014

6 Month mark and Chemo Care Bags

It's hard to believe that we are coming up on the 6 month mark of Billy's surgery. Just a few more days to go. Things are going well. Billy seems to be doing great. We've been on a few camping trips, put a playset together, planted the gardens and just normal day life. Hopefully 6 months will be the turning point for him. I know he is very patiently waiting for some feeling or movement to come back to his face....and I know it is so frustrating for him. Somedays it feels a lot different than other days so I am guessing that is a good thing? I just don't know. It's hard to research because each patient is so different in their recovery. But overall...he is a trooper in my book.

School is out for the summer. Shawn is taking a summer break and then back into college for the Fall. Hopefully only 2-3 more semesters to go. Danie is moving up in to the last class she will stay in before Pre-K! I know! I'm not ready for Pre-K. It's still a year away but still. She is almost 100% potty trained. I'm so proud of her.

My latest adventure...because you know I must have one....are a few things.
We've started a Making Strides Breast Cancer team for November here in Marietta. Team Hakuna MaTATA. You see.....over the last month I have had two VERY precious and super special friends diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Each one is so totally different than the other as far as treatments, recovery, etc. Both equally scary. Somedays I feel I just can't do enough for them so that they can feel as though they are not alone in this. I don't want to them to feel that way. that little Becky Angel sitting on their shoulder at every appointment, every chemo treatment, each surgery....
so I've been fundraising where I can for the walk. But I am most excited about is the kick off of our Chemo Care Bags! I'm looking for sponsors!!!!! $20!! That $20 will buy this cute thermal bag and all the goodies to go inside it: water, crackers, jolly ranchers, puzzle books, inspirational messages....And then on the outside of the bag I will tie a cute little card which will say:
Chemo Care Bags - filled with love from your Angel Sponsor (insert name).
Cool huh!!!! And then in July I will take them to the Cancer Center here at Kennestone and hopefully Paulding Hospital (depends on the amount of bags sponsored). See.....one of those special friends of mine will be undergoing chemo. And I think of her sitting there during her treatments....and what a smile she would have on her face if some stranger walked up and gave her a bag of love. So in my heart...that is what I feel these bags would be...bags of love...unconditional....simply stating you are loved and thought about daily. I would hope that some other person out there would be doing the same thing and my sweet friend would receive a little something from them. It is what  my heart was leading me to this  morning as I drove into work. And by all means...I MUST listen to that heart and what it is telling me. Sooooooo....if you think you would be interested in being a sponsor just let me know. $20. Full of Love. I plan on ordering and filling these bags to deliver in July. If you don't live near me...that's okay. You can send the money via paypal, cc, check in the mail, etc.....however and whatever works for you. Between us all we can put a smile on someones face that so needs it.





3 comments:

dpelham said...

Hi Becky, I read back thru your posts. What a wonderful legacy you are creating about Billy's recovery. This is what scrapbooking is all about. Recording history for those you may never know, who will know you thru your documentation.
Happy to see things are working out for you & Billy.
I am Fiskateer 3379. You had an anniversary or Birthday on the 12th, I hope it was a happy one.

dpelham said...

Hi Becky, I read back thru your posts. What a wonderful legacy you are creating about Billy's recovery. This is what scrapbooking is all about. Recording history for those you may never know, who will know you thru your documentation.
Happy to see things are working out for you & Billy.
I am Fiskateer 3379. You had an anniversary or Birthday on the 12th, I hope it was a happy one.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!