Thursday, April 3, 2014

4 Months today


I can't believe that today marks Billy's 4 month surgery anniversary!
Crazy isn't it.


To be honest I feel like it has been much longer than that. It is amazing to me how far he has come in 4 months. He really is my Hero and I applaud his determination.


Monday was his neurologist appointment to go over his MRI that was taken last week. Everything is looking good. I had no doubt that it wouldn't. What was left in there is so small....it would take forever for it to grow again. Or well...that is my professional opinion :)  Dr. Hadgipanayis was very glad to see how well he was doing. Loved how his eye was looking after the eye surgery. He didn't seem to positive about the facial paralysis but I point blank told him we were not going to give up on that and we are staying positive that it will come back.


Earlier that morning we took a trip back up to the Neuro ICU ward and delivered 30 Thirty-One Pocket A Totes that I had embroidered with the words "Believe..." and then filled with goodies. We explained to the nurses that Billy was a patient there in room 3107 4 months ago and that this was just something our hearts compelled us to donate. A bag is to be given to each family as they come in so that they will know someone is thinking about them during this tough time in their lives. The nurses were excited and they loved seeing how well Billy was doing. We even saw a familiar face while we were there. After that we headed to Floor 9 to leave Dr. Vivas her present. Just a small token of thanks for all her caring and hard work. And yep. It was a Thirty One bag too...lol. She called later on that night to thank us personally and to see how the Neuro appointment went. She on the other hands thinks the small things we have seen with Billy's face is a good sign! That's why I love her...she is so positive and upbeat about things.


So we are good to go for 6 months. At that 6 months mark we will head back to Emory for another MRI and to see Dr. H and Dr. Vivas at the same time. So it will be an Emory filled day for sure. At that time Dr. Vivas said we will re-evaluate his facial paralysis and then discuss further measures. I think at that time we may talk about a hearing aid also. It will not help him hear as that part of his ear is gone, but it will help him re-route sound to his good ear. As far as the facial paralysis they are talking about connecting the facial nerve to his tongue nerve to help with some of the dropping. I'm just not sure about that personally. I love him just as he is. And if God sees fit that this is the way he should be...then who am I to question or complain. I see my love. Not paralysis. So really that ball is in his court. I am not sure he would like another surgery...I know I wouldn't. But.....I will continue doing as I have and just pray that what shall be will be. I am just happy that I have my husband with me....healthy...and happy.



1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!