Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 12

Well here we are at Day 12.
It really just seems like all this began yesterday.
Really hard to believe we are almost at the 2 week mark.

The Home Health Nurse NEVER came by. I sent a "not so nice" email to the manager. Would you believe I haven't heard back from her either. Yeah...not impressed. I'm just going to take care of him the best I can until next week when we go to out patient therapy.

Yesterday I emailed the neurosurgeon in regards to his sleeping and coughing. Their email back to me was wonderful and really helped. We removed the nausea patch Thursday night so we (as in the nurse and I) believe that was a good bit of his sleeping. With the patch gone he did not sleep as much and seemed more alert. So now he just has to tackle the nausea on his own if possible. It hasn't been that bad with the exception of today. We took a trip to the eye clinic and between it zapping his energy and possibly the drive...he went straight to bed dizzy. :(

On the bright side his eye looks really good and not dried out like I was thinking it would be. So I will continue to do what I have been doing. We are not seeing any improvement on the paralysis. If anything I think the eye has gotten a tad bit worse. The other day he felt pain on that side of his face but today it is back to just being numb. He still is having difficulty eating because he chews his tongue...I've got to figure out that perfect food he can eat. Haven't found it yet. But I will not give up.

The Dr. didn't seem to concerned with the coughing up junk. Since he has no fever and no breathing difficulties they think it is just left over from the surgery and not being as mobile.

I had a tough day yesterday. Not sure why really. Just wish there was more I could do.

But you are hearing me right now.....and probably the only time I will ever say this....I believe I am just mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted at this point. I would never admit that to Billy. I don't want him to worry. I've been watching Danie (aka Butterbean) at nights for the last few nights and that is taking its toll too. And here she is having surgery herself on Monday. I need a recharge I thought about taking a nap but I am afraid I will miss crazy right. Okay well that is said and now back to Becky being Becky. No time for this exhaustion stuff. Got things to do....people to take care of. But I do thank each person that has offered to step in to help, bring food by, bring items over for us.....your generosity and thoughtfulness will never go unnoticed!

Just a few more days and I head back to work for half a day. Billy wants me to stay at work but yeah that is not happening. Sorry dude. Next week we have his appointment with Dr. Vivas (ENT surgeon) and the Occupational Therapist. Sutures are still looking good :) and will hang in there for a few more weeks.

It's really hard to believe that Christmas is just 11 days away. I think for the first time in my life I am not excited or energized about Christmas. The tree is up....packages wrapped (heck I don't even know if I got something for everybody at this point...I'm pretty sure I am forgetting a few people) but there is just not a feeling of Christmas yet. But I will say that for me this year its not about the packages....the tree...the decorations...the food.....this year as it should always the Celebration of our Christ. And the gift we were given this husband being home with us. When I wake up this Christmas morning, as I do every morning, I am overwhelmed with gratitude that my husband is home. He is truly my gift from God.

No comments: