Monday, September 10, 2012

Raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Every year I try to do what I can to make donations for Cancer Research. It is what my heart leads me to do.

Cancer touches us all. In some way, shape or form. From dear friends....who pass away way too early (our Angel Leigh) to family members...coworkers...children...grandparents...parents....sisters...brothers...the list is just too long. Each of us experience this some way...some how. For me personally...I remember going to my friend Leigh's house. Sitting on the couch talking with her. Reassuring her that her two beautiful babies will be okay. That it is all going to be okay. We love her. And then for her to slip away just a week later. Watching my husband's Aunt Vera..in so much pain that you could not even touch her. My husbands father...mother...my great aunt JoAnn...my great grandparents, Maw and Paw. I have watched my best friend lose so many of her loved ones. And so many of our friends and families that have fought so hard against this disease and won..Survivors!

How can we NOT do everything we can to fight Cancer? Just think how far our research has come over years. So many break throughs....and so many more to come.

So for all my friends, family, loved ones that has had to battle Cancer...that has lost their precious lives to Cancer...I do this for you!

Beginning today until October 27th...I will be raising money to donate to breast cancer research. And at the same time I will be donating Pink and White Thirty One Cinch Sacs for cancer patients in our local area. All I'm asking is for $5. Can you imagine how much $5 can do!!! In addition, I will be donating ALL of my profits to NBCF (National Breast Cancer Foundation) to help battle the fight.

For every $20 that is donated I will donate a Thirty One Cinch Sac. My goal is to reach out to 40 people.....but don't worry...I will not stop there...I will take 80 people... I will take 120 people! Just $5!! As a token of my appreciation, you will receive a $5 Gift Certificate to use on your next Thirty-One purchase.



The National Breast Cancer Foundation's mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need. NBCF programs provide women help for today and hope for tomorrow. Will you help me? If so...please email me at kay_bear52@yahoo.com and let me know how much you will be donating along with your email address and phone number. I will gladly take donations from a far! Email me for my address.

And as an added bonus....if I can raise $200...I will choose a winner to receive an Origami Owl Breast Cancer awareness necklace.....(pictures to come soon).

So drop me an email...give me a call....let me know if you can donate $5!!!

WE CAN CHANGE the world! One step at a time...and TOGETHER!



No comments: