Saturday, April 14, 2012

MicaColors Watercolors and 101 Craze and Crackle paint

You know me....I love some texture and mixed media with my paintings. There is nothing like getting messy with paints and paper. For 19 years I have enjoyed scrapbooking. That is a long time. But now I am having fun using those scrapbooking supplies and adding them to a canvas. It's a whole new art form for me and I love it. Here is a project I made for USArtQuest using some MicaColor Watercolors and some 101 Craze and Crackle Medium. That was some fun stuff!

I started off with adding some grey and white paint all over the canvas. While it was still wet I added some patterned paper and adhered it down with PPA adhesive. Touched up some areas around the paper with more paint just so it blends in. Once this was dry I was able to use the Craze and Crackle Medium by applying it with a palette knife. I also used some foam stamps to make the vines going down the sides. Once this had dried over night the fun began with patterned paper and PPA.

 Just tear or cut the paper and start layering it down into the design you want. Once that dried I added rubons and used my favorite journaling pen to doodle all over the painting.
 The MicaColor Watercolor was added last. You can see it shimmer and shine on the owls. It is very subtle but gives a fun effect.

No comments: