Sunday, April 8, 2012

I haven't ran away I promise

Just running around in every direction but the one I need to be in!
I'm sure you understand that too.

Here it is Easter and I can hardly believe we are into April. Before you know it we will be well into the summer. I am so behind on crafty projects...I just can't even begin to tell you how far behind. For one I have a quilt that I MUST get finished before the 21st of this month. Yeah...well...don't see that happening anytime soon. I finally got a painting done the other day. I was beginning to wonder if I would get it finished. I can't wait to share it with you so come back later on in the week to see :)

Here are a few pictures from our whirlwind weekend. Miss Tensley "Danie" aka Butterbean had a wonderful weekend hunting eggs a total of THREE times. And let me just say she was so worn out every evening.


We started out Saturday at the 2nd Annual Lake Ramona Egg Hunt. Sunday we headed out bright and early to Great Grandmama and Grandpapa's house for our traditional egg hunt of gold fish, jello and money. Then we finished up the day at Uncle Randy and Robin's for some yummy friend chicken and more eggs. As I am typing this evening...she is crashed out in her mama's lap. Full tummy, warn PJ's and ready to start the week fresh and new.

Fun happenings this week with Thirty one....Thursday is our Celebrate and Connect meeting. I can't wait to see what all fun information we are giving and can't wait to see the new catalog! April is also full of great deals such as the purchase $31 worth of products and you can buy any purse for 1/2 OFF! What a deal indeed. I'm trying my best not to buy all the purses that I want! lol.

On another front and back to crafting. I've made a big decision for myself. As Butterbean is getting older and taking up more of my time...I don't seem to find as much time to craft like I used too. In a way that makes me sad but when I am outside watching her giggle and play...well...the crafting isn't as important as it used to be. Call it turning the page...I don't know...but things have changed. And I am okay with that. So....I have decided to not submit work any longer...to not apply for Design Teams any longer...and to just put the scrapping on hold for a while. I have had many, many years of success with publications and have had some fun opportunities working with other talented artist on Design Teams. It's been great. and I loved it. But as one of my good friends Marci so wonderfully put it one afternoon....you start to feel pressured to get work done and it just sucks your creativity. And it does. And it becomes not fun anymore. I promised myself many years ago that if became a chore...then I had to stop. So the time has come. I have moved most of my albums in storage just because I didn't have room for them anymore. I can't tell you when I scrapped a page....for ME. I'm not going to stop scrapping completely and nope...not selling all the scrappy stuff. I just wont to put it on hold. If the mood strikes...well then I can put some paper and embellishments together and enjoy the outcome. Not stress if I used the right products....have a deadline to meet....just relax and enjoy the process. As of May 1st I will be done with any Design Team commitments that I currently have. It's been fun...seriously fun...but time to move on. Watch Butterbean grow...and just...well...craft for me. I wont to spend some time painting...working on quilting more and spend time with my family. Simplify my life. That is my goal for 2012. I hope you will hang with me and see what all I do in my new projects. And of course watch butterbean grow up too.

Don't forget to come back later in the week to see one of my last two projects with USArtQuest!

No comments: