Saturday, March 24, 2012

Faux Lace Kits from USArtQuest

While shopping at USArtQuest.com....I decided I wanted to try my hand at this wonderful kit...the Faux Lace kit. The above picture shows everything that comes in this kit with the exception of the wooden bracelet.


In this kit you will receive tape, Gildenglitz, Mica Flakes, Mica D'Lights, a sponge and a dipper for the Mica.

To start off with I took the tape and added all over the bracelet then pressed the Gold Gildenglitz onto the tape. This tape is the best!!!! I was then able to take the sponge and rub it over the tape, removing excess Gildenglitz. See how it leaves you with smaller flakes. Don't throw these away!!! You can use those again on other fun projects.

Now the fun part....using my finger I added PPA inbetween the gold stripes. Then I sprinkled the Mica over the glue in different colors. Just tap it to remove any excess.

Once I was done adding the colors I took a little brown acrylic paint and painted the inside of the bracelet along with lines to seperate the colors. Added some PPA over the entire bracelet to seal it and here ya go. A really cute wooden bracelet that was super easy to make! This kit is a must have so be sure to pick up one at USArtquest.com.


No comments: