Thursday, February 9, 2012

Project 52

What I love about a book series - you feel as if you know the characters. You cry when they cry or your angry when someone hurts them. I love that about a series. And then it is super sad when that series comes to an end. You just want it to keep going and going.

I just finished the last book of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. I was very happy with this series. There was not a lot of blood..or sex (such as LHamilton)...just a character trying to survive in her world and be a good person at the same time. Love it! I was so sad to read that last chapter. Rachel Morgan is a witch in Ohio. But not an ordinary witch. She finds out in the books that a childhood friends father helped her survive from a rare disease but in turn it caused her to be able to channel demon magic. So she is no ordinary witch...she is a demon witch. This has people wanting to kill her and shun her. There is a good bit of Were's and Vampires in this book also but it is just not a typical Witch/Vampire book in my opinion.

I do have to say that I came to adore Trent. And I was super excited when I got on the internet last night only to find out that the next book in the series comes out Feb 21st!!!!! yeah! I'm so hoping that Trent and Rachel become a couple. She needs him...just as he needs her.

okay so I am taking a Vampire/Witch break and am switching gears and now reading a Suspence Thriller. It is called The One You Love by Paul Pikington. This is one of the freebies I got for my Kindle. Hopefully it will be pretty good...we shall see :)

No comments: