Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crack Bread, Thirty One and Life

Good morning everyone!
I'm so glad it is Wednesday! That means it is just one day closer until me and hubs takes off for a weekend trip with no kids!!! Oh and I will hitting the Coach Outlet Mall!! WOOHOOO.

Just wanted to hop in and share a few things with you. I have been a busy girl working on some projects. I can't wait for you to see my paiting that I completed using USArtQuest products. Please make sure you come back and visit this Saturday to see the tutorial.

I've also been working on my PTS7 Pillow Cover. I have a very fun partner who likes some bright colors of blue. I bought these patterns specifically for her. And then decided to give a try at triangles. Gosh they make me nervous. Especially trying to get all the points to match up....geesh. Here is my first try and an HST square. I think she is going to like it. I am working on the back now and then I will need to quilt and maybe do some hand quilting? Not sure yet. But i need to hurry as this needs to be mailed in a few short weeks.

Super Bowl weekend I decided I was going to make some finger foods that I found on Pinterest. OMGosh this bread - better known as Crack Bread - is just that! It was YUMMY and actually was eating all that night. We didn't watch the super bowl...we just partied like everyone else and watched Dr. G. lol
this is so simple to make too.... Just take round bread and cut slits in it both ways. But don't cut all the way down to the bottom. You don't want the bread falling apart. Once it is sliced I thinly sliced block cheese and put it inbetween each of the cuts in the bread. Sprinkled bacon bits (do use real bacon bits and not imitation) down into the cuts. Now the fatting part....melt 1/2 cup of butter and stir in 1 T of Ranch Dressing Mix. Pour this all over the bread making sure it gets into the cuts. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more. And that is it. It is some yummy stuff. I think I will try this recipe using a few different takes on it.

I place my first Spring Catalog Thirty One order and I am impatiently waiting for it to get here. I can't wait to see all the new stuff that I treated my self off too (thank you taxes). Have you seen it yet? Check out my website and then if you facebook.....come join my closed facebook page where I will post pictures and updates. Have you thought about selling Thirty One or just need to make a little extra money on the side....come join my team! My goal this year is to grow my team and I would love to have you a part of it! You can visit my Thirty One page if your interested. Conference is in Atlanta this year and the start up kits are just $99 for new recruits. That is a DEAL!

Weight loss - blah. I've been walking on the treadmill now for several weeks and can't seem to lose a single pound. I hate this. I AM going to see a Wellstar Health Coach in a few weeks so hopefully they can get me on the right track and tell me what I am doing wrong. We can hope right! But I do love walking. Today is  my off day but I think I might come home from work and walk some.

Stay tuned for some book reviews. I have finished 2 books now and plan on giving my Project 52 review. I can't fall too behind on the reading so I need to pick up with another one quickly :)

Have a blessed day!

No comments: