Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well into the New Year we go

Well day three is complete. Almost.
And so far this year is kicking my tush!
I've been slowly rearranging the computer room. currently the walls are bare from all the trophies being packed up. And for those that have seen this room...there were a lot. And now there are piles of STUFF on the counters that I am trying to list and sell on ebay. You know...out with the old, in with the new..kinda thing.

BUT...I have my painting finished for the large wall in there. Here is a sneak peak. I know...the lighting is horrible but at least you get an idea right?
It's a three section canvas and they are each 18x24 in size. I did a lot of mixed media with book pages, black pen, mod podge and lots of paint. I'm loving it more and more each time I look at it. I think I might make a few smaller versions of this to sell. Well...that is if I can find smaller wooden letters.

I still need to do some cleaning and moving around in there and then I can hang these up on the wall. Hopefully this weekend I can share a picture of the completed area. I am making a few other items for the room but I can't share them with you just yet. Those will come later as USArtQuest projects :)

I've also decided to declutter the house. Okay so I have to admit that my house isn't that bad but to me...it is cluttered. And well....old stuff just needs to move on out. So also this week I am working on the kitchen counter top. moving stuff...rearranging stuff...cleaning. I just need to find somewhere to store my cookbooks for easy access. Or just combine them all into one book. Gessh there are just not enough hours in the day. I could probably get some of this done if I wasn't spending hours on end on Pinterest or reading!

Which brings me to Project 52. I am about 24% done with my first book of the year. Man do I love this Kindle. I like knowing my % of completion...lol! And I've already downloaded 15 other free books to really get the year going.

Haven't done any sewing just yet but I think I have plenty of time.

Sadly we lost one of our chickens Sunday. I am not sure what happened to her but of course I had to find her. We have a bunch of chickens...19 hens and 2 roosters. But it was still sad to lose one. I have raised them since they were a day old :( I guess we are pretty lucky that they have all survived as long as they have with all the other wild life we have around the house. I'm hoping they will do find over this winter.

Okay signing off. butterbean wants my attention right now. Don't forget that in 11 days I will have a fun tutorial up! You will not wont to miss this one.


1 comment:

kellystar said...

that looks awesome...keep on painting through 2012