Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project 52 and Thirty-One

Today was the Spring Premier for Thirty-One consultants. They will be having another one tomorrow also. So I can't really reveal anything to you today because well...I don't want to spoil it for those that are waiting on tomorrows Premier. But I will say...WOOHOO....I am stoked! I went thru and made a wish list of items I MUST have and well...we will say my list is already up to $400. seriously! Just fantastic patterns...love the new products....and I am really ready to get this business kicking off the ground and have some parties. I joined back in July and really haven't had the time to devote to Thirty-One like you should with a direct sell company. I've had 2 catalog shows and a Thermal Tote fundraiser and that is about it. So I really want to get this going and have more shows. And catalog shows are okay with me too.....I know everyone is so busy these days. And I don't mind doing them far away either :) So I am hoping when the new catalogs kick off February 1st...that I will get some bookings, some shows...and just share my excitement. Plus I can't wait to share with you what is yet to come!

The Premier today did take much of my saturday so I did not get a whole lot accomplished today. Finished up the kitchen (I've been decluttering). Oh my yard sale box I started....yeah my hubby took it in the dump...he didn't look in it first. Darn it. Got all the pictures and nails down in the computer room. Tomorrow I hope to put up my paintings and see what you think. It's going to take a little bit to get it the way I want it but we will try. I need a few extra Thirty One baskets for my fabric stash!

And my latest book...the first of the year...well I "should" be finished with it tonight. The book is - The Outlaw Demon Wails - by Kim Harrison. This is I believe the 5th in the series of The Hollows. I was a little hesitant when I started this series but pretty soon Rachel (the main character who is a witch) and her side kicks Ivy (vampire) and Jenks (Pixy) took over my heart and I really enjoyed these characters. I would try and start with book one if at all possible so that you can get a feel for all the characters - Al, Kisten, Trent, Ceri, Keasley..etc...they are all really good, strong characters. This particular book has really made some things fall into place. You know...when you have one of those...something is not right here moments...yeah this book will fix those for you. It shapes Rachel even more. I like that. I can't wait to finish up the series. I believe there are about 3 more books. This series is a huge leap from Laurel K Hamilton...no crazy sex and not a lot of violence. Just a good fantasty story. So if you like reading about vamps, witches and all those other fantasy creatures...give the Hollows series a try.

Alrighty....just wanted to pop in and let you know what today was all about. Stay tuned because I hope to share my painting with you in a few days.

No comments: