Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Short week

I love short weeks. Especially when Wednesday's are my Friday! woohooo!
I decided to take a little time off for myself. Not to many things going on. Maybe I can catch up on some crafty time. ....well....who am I kidding. With butterbean attached to my leg....I'm sure I will not get much done.

But I AM getting my hair done tomorrow. Nothing like a little personal primp time. Hoping to cut about 6 inches off and some highlights. Friday is my "Now I've turned 40" mamogram! Gotta take care of the girls! But other than that I don't have much planned. Might get some things together and take them to Helping Hands of Paulding. That always makes me feel good and useful. Hopefully some more cleaning and organizing will get done too.

I just have to share this wonderful cabinet my dad...owner of JD Yard Trinkets...made me. I gave him a design and measurements and in 4 hours...this is what he made.....isn't it wonderful! and it really is bigger than it looks in this picture. I was trying to capture my new sewing corner. Well...minus the shipping boxes. Trying to sell a few items on ebay. But I have organized all my fabric into the iris carts. Not my original plans but it will have to do for now. My dad used to teach at a technical school. Sadly they closed their doors around Thanksgiving. So now he has lots of extra time working in the shop. Which for us is GREAT because there is nothing more special to me than something my dad has handmade just for me. I'm hoping he will get some more business going and before too long...JD Yard Trinkets will be a nice little side business for him.

I haven't had much time for crafting. I really wanted to get the computer room reorganized and now that it is done I hope that the crafting will begin. The treadmill is taking up a lot of room but I have been using it!!! No luck with any weight loss yet but I can't give up right? Oh and I DID scrap a page last night. It only took me 2 days to do it...sigh....between butterbean at my feet and just trying to find the groove again. But I love how it turned out and I will share it in the next day. Just need to get a good picture of it. I plan on submitting this one just for fun. And I have a few blankets pinned and ready for me to sew. Project number 2 hopefully will be completed and then on to project number 3.....10.....65.....lol

And don't forget...I am trying to book up some catalog parties for February. I really want to make this month a good one (plus I need to save up money for convention and my hotel I just booked) so drop me an email if you would like to have a catalog party. They are simple, easy and on your time!

See you in a few days!

No comments: