Friday, December 16, 2011

Tally Scrapper December kit - Altered Frame

I love altering items and making them work for what I need. It's a great way to use product, use up items around the house or just a great way to make a gift for others. Take for instance this black frame. If you read my prior blog post you saw what I did to another frame...this is the same technique. I took a standard frame and painted it white. Once the paint was dry I was able to sand away areas so that the black peaked thru.


Now the fun part begins! Using some of the awesome paper from the Tallyscrapper December kit, I cut out strips so that I could start layering them on the frame. Cut the corners so that the two strips will fit nicely together. Once these are cut I pulled out  my wonderful Mod Podge and started adhering the strips down. While it is still wet, take some hemp rope and fill in areas around the paper.


when your finished and it is dry...it will look something like this. Now the center...what is that exactly you ask? The frame was originally made with a hard center in the middle with a picture. So I took the picture, painted the front of it brown and then instead of putting back INSIDE the frame...I glued it to the outside. This way it has a nice 3-D look to it. Now you can start adding your embellishments.


I made some felt flowers and hot glued them to a glitter snowflake that I found at Target. Originally I put pins on the back so that you could wear these on your favorite jacket, etc...but as I was working on this frame...well the frame spoke to me and really loved the flowers sooooooo that is where they ended up :)

I surprised my wonderful friend Emily with this altered frame. She LOVES Christmas and you should really see her house decorated...it ROCKS I tell you. I envy her decorating talent. So this little edition will hang up at least a little bit in the year with all her wonderful holiday decorations. That makes me happy.

Don't forget to pick up a kit at the Tally Store. I am seriously telling you...you will not be dissapointed!





No comments: