Saturday, November 5, 2011

I introduce you to Teal Delight

First off I do believe Blogger does not like me.....or else my computer has updated to another yucky version of IE that just stinks! I can't seem to upload pictures...and I don't know about you but sometimes I can't even post comments on other blogspot blogs. Very frustrating! But that is not why we are here today :)

I wanted to introduce you to Teal Delight. I am super proud of this quilt. Not only because it is the 6th or so quilt I have finished this year but mainly because I designed this puppy myself. And I LOVE it! I have a whole new admiration for those that design quilt patterns. I don't know how you do it because let me just say....it can be stressful! But...I did it and it is complete.

The patterned fabric I saw about a month or so ago on my friend Julie's blog. She was showing a picture of the quilt she made her daughter. Well I immediately fell in love. Blue is so my favorite color so I just had to have it. Little did I know that fabric discontinues quickly! But after a good search I found some fat quarters....all the way in the UK! So we want discuss how much it was...our secret..OK!

Then while I was taking a stroll in our local fabric store I ran across this white fabric. Which has white butterflies all over it. They are hard to pick up in pictures but believe me...they are there. Thousands of them. There is a little story that goes along with my grandparents and butterflies so the meaning to this fabric was more than just the appearance. I knew this had to be a part of this quilt.


The back of the quilt came along much more quickly than the front. I knew I wanted it to be darker and this grey was perfect. I just think all the fabric came together nicely. And of course I learned alot along the way. I learned that I still have a ways to go when it comes to doing fancy stitching and that when you need to rip out seams....it can take a long time when you tried to do a few zigzags! Maybe for the next one I will try to be a little more adventurous. But for now...I will stick with my little "Teal Delight" and all the meaning that goes behind this quilt.



I also dabbled with making a few hair bows the other day. I thought they turned out pretty cute.






No comments: