I started off the weekend by trying a painting that I have had stuck in my head for a week now. I never could find what I really wanted to make it out of so I just used what I could manage to find. And now that I have seen it in person and not in my head...I like it :) Please tell me what you think about it!
And my final project for the weekend was this altered wreath. I bought the straw wreath in the two different sizes and spent most of today working on it. I will say it takes a pretty long time to wrap that wreath with yarn! Time...and sore fingers! but it is done. I wanted to add some of this Modo fabric that I bought for a quilt last month. So to help with the time frame issue...I wrapped the smaller wreath with the fabric and then just covered up the rest with the yard. Perfect!
and I love me some felt flowers so I just had to make a few of these. While searching for the twig that I knew I had stashed away somewhere in my craft room...I found the jingle bells...PERFECT! Just what I needed for that small, added touch. Now it will jingle a little bit when we open the door. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. and I love more than anything to have homemade wreaths to share for the holidays.