Thursday, April 28, 2011

More on Project 52 and storms

Well it was one doozy of a night. The storms began at about 8 pm or so and didn't let up all night. Polk and Floyd counties...my heart goes out to you. For those not familiar with the area...these counties are just above the county I live in. They were ravished last night with tornados. So much damage. So much heartbreak. So much loss. 11 people killed so far in Georgia alone from these storms last night.

We went to bed at about 10:30. I mean what are we to do. The TV said that our county would just (so far) get severe thunderstorms with 60-70 miles Straight line winds. I have to get up and work the next day so off to bed we went. Where I layed there listening for hours. Listening for the Powder Springs Tornado siren. Listening to the hail and winds. Restless night indeed. But our county was spared....this time. I would have to say this is one of the reasons I dislike living here....the Spring tornados. They scare the bejeezus out of me.

A little behind because I had to shut the computers down but I managed to get Little Danie two pillowcase dresses sewn last night....well before the storms started. I also wanted to tell you about the book I read yesterday. Yep....all of it yesterday. Recoving Charles by Jason F Wright. this is a must read. It is totally different than anything I have read before. It is based on the time frame of the Hurrican Katrina in LA. A man, Luke, is trying to find his alcoholic father in the aftermath. It will bring tears to your eyes but will give you the opportunity to think about second chances in life. Yep...good book.

Okay....gotta get going to work. Long day. Major meeting today. But the weekend is in sight.

Oh and I can't wait to share with you Kayla's new hat...a sock monkey!

No comments: