Monday, March 7, 2011

Project 52 - Books 8 and 9

Well I will have to admit that I wasn't sure I would enjoy the House of Night Series by PC Cast. I went into reading the first book a little skeptical.

And here I sit....just finishing book 4 and 5 of this series and so wishing I had book 6 to pick up and start reading before I go to bed. I am pretty impressed with the writing of this book. Of course it is vampyre related but it is different. Not your typical vampyre books or at least not the typical ones I read. I really loved the last book and how Zoey had to figure out how to combine the elements with new elements, Night, Earth, Spirit, Blood and Humanitiy. I also love how the characters begin to take shape and you love each one of them. Very well written books.

But sadly...I sit here with out book 6 and can't go any further with this series, well that is until at least this weekend when I can get to Target :)

SoI am sure I will rumamge through the books I bougth at Borders the other day during their clearance/closing trip.

As far as project 52...I think I am pretty well on my mark and doing well. We are 10 weeks into the year and I am about to begin reading book 10 for the year. Not to shabby if I say so myself. Considering it took me all of January to read just one book.

Off to figure out what to read next....night all


1 comment:

doverdi said...

I love the House of Night series. I have all 8 books in my library & can't wait for book 9 to come out. Sadly it's a long wait til fall. I also read the Vampire Academy series books (6 in the series) by Richelle Mead. I was so sad when the series ended. She has a new series coming out soon that picks up some of the characters in the Vampire Academy series. It'll be interesting to read it. I LOVE to read & love it when I get a good series. I hate it when I have to wait to read the book in the series. Enjoy your read.