Monday, March 21, 2011

Mothers Day gift ideas

Before you know it Mother's Day will be here. And if your like me you are always looking for that perfect gift to give that Mother or loved one.

Today I wanted to show you a quick and easy way to make a unique Mother's Day gift. My step son will be getting married in 4 short weeks. As I was making them a gift for their shower, I thought how cool this would be go make and give to her mom for Mother's Day. Not only would she be able to capture the moment of the wedding but this is so easy to adapt and add your own picture of your family.

And it literally only takes a few moments.

For this project I took the invitation and cut it down to fit the mat and frame.

Taking Glue Dot Glue Lines ®, adhere lines on the back side of the stems and then layer on top of the glass and frame. You can then move the limbs and butterflies into the position you want. This same technique can be used for flowers and other embellishments so that you can coordinate the colors any way you need them.
The Glue Lines are perfect for this project and hold the stems/flowers perfectly.


"I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots Design Team"

No comments: