Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 52 - Book 3

Moving right along.....

Last night I finished my third book for the year. This is one that Kayla has been wanting me to read...
A House of Night Novel - Marked - by PC Cast and Kristin Cast.

It was a very quick read and flowed very well. It is based on high school kids so it was a little younger than I would of liked. But then again I LOVED Twilight but this one didn't have the same feel to it as Twilight. Marked is based around a young 16 year old, Zoey, who has just been marked as a fledgling (Vampire to be) and has to now attend the House of Night School. This particular book seems to be based on about a 4-6 day span on how she dealt with her first few days at the school and on what she will become later on.

I do think I will go ahead and read the next one in the series just because it is a quick, smooth read and see how the series continues. Like I said it is a little younger than I like but I will give it a shot. The next book is titled Betrayed.


Oh and I have a new painting for you. The lighting is poor on this one but I wanted to share it anyway. I based this one off of the She Art Workshop that I just signed up for. It is a lot of mixed media with Modge Podge, scrapbook paper, rubons, pens and stickers. It was a lot of fun to put together and I can't wait to do another one. I thought it would be great to do a series of 6 that are small....like 6x6 or so and spell out CREATE...what do you think?


I'm SO thankful it is Friday. This has been one LONG week and I am glad it is behind us now. Still waiting on Danie to make her appearance. And as I am sitting here....one of these kids has made their way into the living room snoring up a storm....lol. Awwhhhhh to be young.

2 comments:

doverdi said...

Great painting! Even if it is intended for Young Adults, I LOVE the House of Night series. I've read (& own) all 8 books to date. Did you know that they've sold the rights to the books & there could be a movie/tv series in the works?You might also like The Vampire Academy. It's another great series.

Jewel said...

I just watched her video last night. It is so inspiring.