A small look into what 2010 brought us...
- In March...Shawn finally completed 9 years worth of hard work and obtained his Eagle Scout rank. I have never been so proud of him as I was that day he went for his board of review. Billy and I both knew he would be awarded his rank but it was fun watching him squirm and be unsure. And then to realize the accomplishment he was being awarded! Amazing. I was super proud of my boy! Shawn also had his room totally redone with chocolate walls and all his guitars hung on the wall for display. It really turned out looking great, just like a manly room should.
- In May Kayla turned 20 and then I had to go through the hardest thing I have ever dealt with...my oldest child up and leaving. She packed her bags and left...on her birthday. It is hard watching your children leave after all the years you put into parenting them and watching them grow. I think it is something the heart never really recovers from. I know mine didn't. But I learned a lot during those weeks...which lead into 2 months. A lot about my daughter and a lot about myself.
- In June I anxiously awaiting to hear if I would be welcomed as a participate in the Paulding Meadows Arts & Crafts Festival. My letter finally came and I would be assigned booth 164! A dream of mine was finally coming true. I also totally redone Kayla's bedroom and it was a beautiful guest room in greens and a floral pattern.
- July came with a vengance. Kayla called and asked to move back home. Along with that...she informed us she was pregnant. WOW. My life was really turned upside down once again. Not only was I going to have to adjust to her moving back home along with all the hurt she caused me but also the idea of being grandparents. It was a lot to take in. At the same time Billy, Shawn and I loaded up and headed to Helen for the night and to participate in the first Estes family reunion. It was great! I loved seeing Billy connect with family that he didn't know he had. The next day we picked up Shawn's friend and headed to Gatlinburg for a week of camping.
- August - school started. I officially have a Junior! Let's hope this next school year is better than the last 2! GASP - Shawn obtained his driving license! Watch out world. My son is legal on the roads.
- September is finally here and Paulding Meadows has begun! OMG it was sooooo what I expected and sooooo not what I expected...lol. It was a long weekend and between set up...working...and take down I was officially exhausted. But I sold 5 paintings/drawings which was 5 more than I thought I would. And I was told I MUST do it again next year. It was GREAT. Such a huge high. I learned what not to do for the next time and what to do. But it was such a feeling of accomplishment seeing my paintings hanging there for everyone else to see and listening to people comment. I really think this is the avenue I was meant to go down.
- October came and went pretty quickly. Shawn turned 17. I began working on my first quilt. My weekends were filling up pretty quickly!
- To my extreme enjoyment....I made my first ever Manufacturer Design Teams this year! Glue Dots and Magistical Memories. I have been trying and trying for so many years now to break into this barrier in the scrapping world. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about these two journeys. And it is just the beginning. I will not stop trying and I will continue to better myself and learn as much as I can. I love art. There is nothing else to say about that. I love it!
- I painted my first commissioned animal painting and 2 more sets of large paintings. It was a joy to work on all three and a great feeling of accomplishment.
- We paid off my car! woot woot!
- Kayla finally picked out a name for the baby. Tensley Danielle Thackston. She will name her Tensley after my great grandmother (on my daddy's side) and Danielle after my dad and Billy (Daniel). We will nickname her Danie.
- I lost 16 lbs and 2 pants sizes. But sadly I ended up having to go on blood pressure medicine. After a month of trying one kind that totally was not working for me...we found one that is. And we want talk about the 8lbs I gained back!
- Billy and I finally took off on a weekend by ourselves to Nashville Tennessee. We had a great time. Just the two of us. Much needed time away.
- December is here and almost gone. It's been a busy month.
2011 is almost here. Just a few days away. I am ready to tackle it head on. We are ready to welcome Danie into this world. I am ready to tackle all kinds of artsy ideas and things. Bring it on. I want 2011 to be MY ART year! I will be 40 this year and I want it to be the best year ever. I want to sell my art more than I did last year. I want to make all kinds of quilts and sewing projects. I want this to be Becky's year. I deserve it don't you think. Why not bring 40 in with style and excitement. I plan on taking a cruise this year....my first ever one. I plan on lots of time with my husband. Yep 2011 will be a great year. Why....because I said it will!
So stay tuned to see what this next year will bring. I hope you will enjoy it too!