Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The horrible stomach flu

Yep. It hit our house. We are pretty good about not ever bringing junk home and the whole family getting sick. But.....it decided it was time. About 8 of the family that was at the dinner saturday night was sick by Monday morning. We ended up spending 5 hours at the ER with Kayla monday night because she was so dehydrated and lethargic. They gave her 2 bags of fluids which made a huge difference.

It's now Wednesday and I would say the house is about at 90% better. So far, knock on wood, I have not gotten this thing. I have lysoled the entire house and the kids are lucky I haven't sprayed them too.

This week is just dragging by at work. I wish it was Thursday night already. We only have to work 1/2 a day on Friday. But my hubby is off which is just not right! If I have to work so does he. right :)

I have a painting in my head I want to do. I can't wait to get started but it will have to be after Christmas I think. Just not enough time to get it all done. And I got the backing fabric for my quilt. I think it will turn out pretty good if I do say so myself. And then when this one is done I can start on that bag I want to do. I never thought sewing could be so much fun!

We only have 2 1/2 weeks until Kayla's next shower. I think I will go out on New Years Eve or else on the 4th of January...and buy the stroller/car seat combo. She is now 32 weeks along so it is getting closer quickly. We need to be prepared that is for sure.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another project that I made using Magistical Memories and Glue Dots. I really liked this one and I hope you do too.

No comments: