Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday card using Magistical Memories


This past Tuesday was my mom's 60th Birthday! Wow I can't believe that! She is such a special lady so I really wanted to make her a special card! I've been hanging onto this Magistical Memories Fence chipboard for a little bit now and just didn't want to part with them but....when my Sizzix was delivered this past Saturday....I knew what I wanted to do with that fence!
I took some acrylic paint and just painted a very thin layer of the chipboard. Before it was totally dry, I sanded down the top and sides. Then I used some distress ink and inked the sides and ran it over the top very gently.
I used Glue Dot Pop Dots to add the fence to the card. By doing this I was able to weave my flower stalks under the fence. I used the Sizzix Flower 3-D die for the flowers and added some pearls to the center and then used the Cricut for the "Happy" letters.
With some scrap green paper I just trimmed up some grass and layered it along the bottom and under the fence.
Oh.....and my mom LOVED the card

No comments: