Monday, March 23, 2009

A great weekend

We had a pretty good weekend.

Shawn left Saturday and spent the night with his friend Ricky. They took off hiking Sunday. Even though he was grounded....but...I knew that Ricky's mom would keep him in line. And he came back in such a good mood. It was worth it.

Saturday Billy took the camper to the shop so that we could have a new awning put on for our upcoming camping weekend. We spent the evening walking the dogs around the yard and just spending time together. It was great...and much needed.

Sunday, Billy and I, took off and went to Atlanta to participate in the Atlanta Vision Walk. It was great. The park was beautiful and the weather couldn't of been any better. Once we got home we finished watching the race and just chilled around the house.

I've been trying to finish up some projects at the house...got a little bit more done but not as much as I would of liked. Shawn worked on the side of the house to complete a merit badge...but I came out with the side of the house fixed finally! One more small project done before the graduation party.

This next week will be slammed busy with stuff. Between taking Kayla around for some job applications, getting her nails done, pictures in the band room, scouts and finally ending with Prom on Friday night. I will be so glad when we can get another car so she can drive herself again. It's coming soon...hopefully....before I pull all my hair out...lol!

I DID get one page scrapped this weekend so I was excited about that. And worked on a quilt but I wasn't able to get it finished like I hoped.

Tonight we have scouts and I am heading up a food drive "Scouting for Food" so I will be so busy tonight trying to get all the food collected and counted. But it is sooooo for a good cause and will be worth it in the end.

Have a great Monday!

PS...I am happy to report that Kim's killer (her own husband) surrendered himself to Cancun police and was brought back to Canton so that he can now face the murder charges. Kim was such a fantastic lady and it breaks my heart to know what he done to her and that her boys will not have a mother. We will always miss Kim!

No comments: