Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October Layout for Tally

Playing around with the October Tallyscrapper kit the other day and fell in love with the colors. I mean Black, Orange, Green...yum yum! And a little color wheel action here.....matching some blue with the orange. I really loved this pciture of my niece Lauren. She turned 2 the other day so I thought it would be great to scrap her and give it to her mom.

Around the edges of the layout I did some zig zag stitching...we want tell anyone that I forgot to change my presser foot before I started and broke my needle. Nope...our little secret...shhhhhhhh

And of course you know I can't finish a layout with out some doodling, some embellishments and a flower or two. this mesh was in the kit so I drug out  my handy dandy hot glue gun and started putting it together. Along with my fingers! ouch!

But after all was said and done...wahhla!
a really cute, and quick, layout using some wonderful Halloween/fall colors but a non traditional fall picture! Got to love it!

On the sewing home front...well...I'm in stall mode. I have my squares stitched and cut out...now to just stitch my blocks together. I am in decision mode...do I finish sewing and cutting the last 38 squares or do I make a center with what I have and then some cream borders for the edge of the center block???? decisions decisions. But this weekend I will be home while the hubby is deer hunting so I plan on getting LOTS of sewing done. Well that is if butterbean will give me some moments of peace :)

Stay tuned. I might just show a few sneak peaks in the next day or so!

No comments: