Monday, August 29, 2011

Go Red for Women and Thirty-One

I try every year to support the American Heart Association.
As some of you may know....I was born with an ASD...Atrial Septal Defect. I didn't find out that I had this ASD until about 13 years ago. And even by then it was by chance that I found it out. It's crazy to think of all the stupid, crazy stuff I done my teenage years that could of really impacted my health since I did not know I had this defect. Most ASD's close up in small children...I was born a premmie so we think mine just never closed. So...every year...I am a good girl and go to the cardiologist and just make sure the pressures are good and there is no enlarging of the hole. So far.....13 years of good reports.

In 2004, the American Heart Association (AHA) faced a challenge. Cardiovascular disease claimed the lives of nearly 500,000 American women each year, yet women were not paying attention. In fact, many even dismissed it as an “older man’s disease.” To dispel the myths and raise awareness of heart disease as the number one killer of women, the American Heart Association created Go Red For Women – a passionate, emotional, social initiative designed to empower women to take charge of their heart health.



This year I would like to combine Go Red for Women with my Thirty-One.
From today until September 12th....all my proceeds will be donated to the Go Red campaign. Would you help me meet my goal of a $150.00 donation? You can contact me directly at bthackston@bellsouth.net or go directly to the my thirty-One page at http://www.mythirtyone.com/BeckyThackston/ where you can place an order.

Some of the September specials you don't want to miss.....for every $31 you spend, you will get to order a celebrate card set, zipper pouch or select wallets for 50% off (wallets included in this special are Organizing wallet, soft wallet, coin purse wallet, essentials zip wallet and the hard case wallet). This special begins September 1st.

I hope you can help me reach my goal and to help us become more aware of heart disease in women.





No comments: