Sunday, May 15, 2011

shame on me....its been a while

I so didn't mean to be so long in postings. Life has just been a whirl wind lately.

I've been trying to finish up selling some old stuff on ebay. The good on ebay....its a great way to move out old stuff and make a little cash. The bad on ebay....sometimes if you don't mark things just right you lose money big time! sigh! such as selling a $12.00 stamp set for a $1.00 or getting eat up on shipping charges that you miscalculated. Oh and the ebay fees. So NOW I am trying to push some stuff to sell just so I can pay for the ebay mess ups I made. double sigh.

But on the plus side...my scrap room is getting a little cleaner. (well...that is if you don't look BEHIND the counter where I have a ton of stuff piled up).

I had some spare time yesterday to work on some paintings. I hope that I can sell them. I am a little worried about Paulding Meadows this year. Not sure why. I even asked Billy that now I have been doing this for 2 years...if I am really doing well or if I should just let it go. I thought he was going to lose it...lol. Well he thought I was crazy for just mentioning it. Said that next year I need to consider even more shows. Yeah well...the paintings have to sell and right now....they just aren't selling so unless he wants a storage unit full of paintings.....lol....I need to move them out. So....I am trying a few different spins on paintings to see what people like and don't like. Here are the two I made yesterday. I thought they turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.

Tree of Hope...Dreams...and Love  11x14 each $40.00 for the set

Rustic Abstract 11x14 end canvases - $60.00
 Kayla has been doing well with her hats. Here is the latest...Mr Purple Owl. She has a few orders lined up which is good and her business cards are on the way.


Butterbean is doing great. She has some wheezing going on at the moment so if that isn't gone in a day or so I think we will be having Kayla take her to the dr. She spent a lot of time outside yesterday so I hope that isn't the cause. We will see. She is one precious little girl that is for sure.


Other happenings: Kayla will have to have her tooth implant removed. Her body is not accepting it and it is coming out. So the Friday we get back from vacation in June she will be going in for a small surgery to have that removed. We decided to not have a bone graft done and the implant replaced. I hate that for her but she will have to use a partial for now. Shawn is two weeks away from being a Senior. It's so hard to believe that I have almost raised both my kids all the way thru school. I am so glad when that chapter will be complete because I have NOT been happy with our school system for many years and I am just ready to have it come to an end. I've got a few fun things in the works. I can't wait to share them. Still working hard on my Project 52....I am reading the Highlander series right now so hopefully I will have something to tell you about when I get further into the series. I need to do a quick count to see if I am even close to my goal of 52 books this year. Okay off......gotta get the baby and clean up a bit. Have a great sunday

No comments: