Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Scrap-Tastic Kit

This month at Scrap-Tastic we have the Spring Delight kit. It was so much fun to work with. I have had these pictures of Laura's kids since the spring and this paper line was simply perfect for them.

I also loved how simple the papers could be so that I could focus on the blackberry preserves I made over the summer. A few simple rubons, a little color patterned paper strips and the pictures tell the rest.


This layout is special. My friend Laura lost her "pop" on Valentine's Day. He fought a long, hard battle but was simply tired. She posted this picture and this poem and it touched me so that I wanted to make her something that she would be able to keep...hang on the wall...or simply pull out when ever she wanted to be with him. I added some sticklers along the waves and the sun so that it would sparkle...like I am sure he did when ever you were around him.


And finally....a peak at this beautiful rainbow that we had the chance to see outside our house last spring. I had never seen a rainbow so vibrant before. Simply beautiful. I tried to be a little whimsical with this one just because the paper was so much fun.


I hope you enjoyed this months layouts with the kit. Head on over to Scrap-Tastic and get one before they are all gone.

On to the rest of life...
Danie is doing well. We are all adjusting...slowly...but adjusting. I can't believe how much I forgot and need to take a refresher course. Kayla is doing well and really adjusting as a mom pretty good. I am super proud of her. It's hard to believe Danie is a week old now. Time flies by so quickly.

I started the She Art Workshop. I have two paintings sitting on my craft table to work on but as soon as I get home I am playing with the baby and I just haven't had time to finish them. Although if I would get off this computer I am sure I could get them done ;)

I'm also excited to tell you that I won the February Challenge at Imaginisce! I was sooooo excited about that. I really loved the flower vase I made and I am glad they liked it too. Oh and I also won over at Creative Imaginations for thier February Sketch Challenge. It's been a great scrappy day! I love days like that.

I have a quilt ALMOST cut out...again...sitting on my scrap table and not finished. Maybe I should take a picture of what all is on the table so you can see what I have yet to complete...lol.

See you Thursday so I can share my Magistical Memories layout :)

No comments: