Thursday, February 24, 2011

Magistical Memories Thursday and a little sneak peak of grandpa

So I just have to warn you....you might just see a bunch of baby layouts from me for a while :)


Today I wanted to share with you this layout I made of my husband holding our new grandbaby when she was just an hour old. I really wanted to capture the moment. It was so precious.


I recently got a shipment form an order I placed with this yummy chipboard flower, Mod Leaf Open Flower. There are several flowers which you can pop the center out of and make even more flowers. I grabbed three from the package and used them on this layout. Before I glued them down, I spritzed them real good with some Smootch spritz in white, just to add a touch of a lighter color to the layout.

Supplies:
Magistical Memories Mod Leaf Open Flower
ClearSnaps Smootch Spritz
American Crafts Thickers
Hambly Transparencies
Dream Street Fresh Carefree
Pine Cone Press Cardboard
Recollections Flowers


Baby and mom did well yesterday for their first full day at home. Mom is getting up out of chairs pretty good but still in a good bit of pain. Baby...well she is just cuddly! We headed to the health department around lunch time and got them both set up on WIC. Kayla's iron is really low and she was upset that the scale only showed she lost 10 lbs. I told her to NOT worry about that right now. Not at all.

She only got me up one time this morning to help out. Seems early in the morning she is really hurting. I think all the meds wear off by then. So I gave her some pain meds and took the baby for a moment while she settled into bed. that little stinker pots tummy was not agreeing with her ONE BIT so I got all those diapers too (2 in a 5 minute period)....fed her...rocked her a little...and put them both down to sleep. And then grabbed some more shut eye for myself. Today is a big day too. Got some phone calls to make and then we have to take Little Danie back for a followup visit at the hospital.

Hoping to get one more scrapbook page done so that I can pull out some quilting stuff to work on.

1 comment:

Janet's Joy said...

What a sweet page Becky!