Thursday, November 18, 2010

Birthday Banner


We are giving my husband a surprise 50th birthday party this weekend. I have been wanting to give a banner a try so I got busy on one Sunday afternoon. I really love how it sparkles!




Supplies:
Basic Grey Hang 10 Pearl, Maverick, Hydro and Basic grey chipboard
Martha Stewart ribbon
Clear Snaps brown and white glitter
Clear Snap Glue Gloss
Glue Dots continous line and craft dots
Magistical Memories chipboard
I used a template on the actual banners and then ran them through the sewing machine to add a black border. I then inked the edges and painted the chipboard to set aside. Using some grey paint I painted the edges of the banner and then dipped into the clear glitter. I covered the chipboard with glue using the glue gloss and then dipped each one into glitter and set aside to dry.

One everything was ready...I slipped the string through the top folds, added brads to hold each one in place, glued the letters on using Glue Dot Continous Line and then added the buttons with Glue Dots Craft Dots.

Becky


"I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team."

No comments: