Friday, June 25, 2010

Check out this rockin kit











From Scrap-Tastic! And here is what I made with this kit. It was really a lot of fun to work with...so many bright colors!

SOOOOO glad the weekend is finally here. It's been a very long week.
what do tell do I have planned for this weekend. Well tomorrow we will be spending all day at the lake helping out with the fishing day. It will be HOT and LONG. But...I am with family and that is what I need right now. Tomorrow evening I will be making some Watermelon Rind Preserves. Yep you heard me correctly....and we shall see how this turns out. Yes we shall see.
So...on the scrappy front...I am really considering trying out for the American Crafts Design Team. I don't have a snowball chance in he double hockie sticks but I guess I will never know if I don't try. Right. I just need to go find some AC paper. I have lots of embellishments but just not the paper.
Books. I need more. Like lots more. I have been a reading machine for the last year or so. It's crazy. I don't have enough books or anywhere to keep them. Right now I am reading "Eat, Pray and Love" compliments of the Oprah show. I highly recommend it. It's a good read so far. I have 2 more books waiting for me but I really need something to take with me on vacation. So I am trying to not touch them...lol
Journaling...I started a journal. Well if you want to call it that. It's more of a "I'm pissed so let me just right my frustrations down" kinda book. I've only managed to write one days worth but it helped...lol. Now it sits by my bed waiting on me to pick it up and write some more. My husband asked me what I would do with it when I am done. More than likely burn it I guess. Not something I want my kids reading 50 years from now...lol.
I got a new painting done. It's a set of 4. Not sure if it is good or not. I rely on comments from facebook to help me know if I am doing okay or if it is ugly and no one has commented...hmmmmm...not a good sign huh?
anyway....my book is calling. I am ready for a PJ night with some diet Dr. Pepper and chill for a few hours.








No comments: