What an odd and awesome year it has been.
A small recap:
- Kayla graduated from high school
- She also turned 19 and started college (Chattahoochee Technical School)
- She got her first real job
- Shawn became a sophmore in high school
- Attended his first GreenBar campout and actually interviewed to be on staff for next year
- He completed all his Eagle Scout paperwork and is just awaiting on a few letters to send the application in (Next year he will be an Eagle Scout!!!)
- He turned 16
- I entered my FIRST photography competition
- I also entered my FIRST art competition in 20 years
- Set up my very FIRST art booth at a fair!
- Sold my very FIRST painting and drawings
- do you see a pattern here.....lol
- So excited that I got back into drawing and painting. It has been awesome!
- Celebrated 15 years here at work
- Billy and I have been married for 11 years
- took a break from scrapping for a while but when I got back on board I made the design team for Scrap-Tastic and Nutsaboutsketchs.com
- Billy got stitches in his hand for the very first time
- Shawn got a dear during hunting season
- Started really saving money and cutting coupons...its been kinda fun and challenging
- Kayla went to her first prom at the Fox Theatre
- I dropped 10 more lbs and 2 pants sizes. Went from a 14 to a 10!
- Started my own art website where I can sell my paintings. Just need to get my name out there
- Ordered my first ever Note cards using my artwork!
- Pulled out my sewing machine and made my very first rag quilts. Ended the year by making 9 of them!
- Took my very first art class at the Red Cockerill Gallery
That is pretty much a quick recap...now on to 2010!
- I am going to take my art even further. I am planning now on entering another art show in March and another possible photography competition.
- I have sent in my paperwork to be put on the invitation list for Paulding Meadows Art Fair in September. I want to be a vendor.
- I plan on losing another 10 lbs. Small steps is the way I am taking this one. I checked into joining a local workout gym to help me along.
- Plan on Kayla completing her first year in college. Crossing fingers she does well
- hoping Shawn will try out for track at his high school. Should start this spring
- shawn will become a junior in high school (hopefully)
- Shawn will also become an Eagle Scout! I have never been so proud of him!
- I want to spend more time with my family taking small trips or weekend getaways
- I want to save lots and lots of money and pay off extra on bills by shopping smart and using coupons. I will get us started by using the Dave Ramsey budget beginning January 1!
- Billy will celebrate being 50 this year and my parents will both turn 60. I want to throw them all a great surprise birthday party.
- Start working on a fun and cool presents for this next Christmas. Everyone got quilts this year so I want to do something different.
Okay that is all I can think of right now. My biggest goal is just getting my art business going and selling more. I think 2010 is going be a fun and exciting year. I can just feel it!
Here's wishing all of you a very Happy New Year. Stay safe and I hope 2010 brings you everything you want it to!
Love the Thackston family