Sunday, October 25, 2009

A little crafty goodness

I've been on a crafty roll this week. I love that.

This layout was designed with this months prompt at GutterGirlz.com. The prompts was Tender. Heart, the song Afraid or to use bra straps in your layout. I used a few lyrics from the song to go with my daughter and how we have been feeling lately.
This is my Twilight inspired painting. It's very 3-D'ish since I used texture paint. It is for sale if your interested. $30. It's a 11x14 stretched canvas.

This is my grandmothers house. Circa abt 1955-2007. This drawing was pretty hard to do. I think because of the emotional ties with it.


I decided to play a little bit with some jewelry yesterday. It was fun getting back into that and this was a little bit of a different piece for me. It is for sale if interested...$25



And finally....this is my grandmothers house BEFORE the rennovations on it...so circa 1877 - 1955 roughly. Not sure I am to happy with that oak tree but it was a part of the area and will be torn down soon I'm sure.
I have one more drawing on my table and it will be for the upcoming art show in April 2010. I got it sketched out and really want to take my time with this one so that it is just right.
Will have some more scrappy goodness for you come tomorrow using a sketch from Nutsaboutsketchs.com I hope you will like it. It's one of my favorites right now.
Well I got a no-go for the DT with Color Me Daisy. Saddened but its okay. I still have two more out there that I have applied for...Scrap-tastic.com and UrbanSwank. I would LOVE to work with either but UrbanSwank is so up my alley and I am really crossing my fingers. I need some scrappy uplifting. I did get in the mail and sign the contract for a layout to be in the Winter All American Crafts magazine. Really excited about that. Now to just get a few more picked up somewhere would be wonderful. It's hard getting back into the game. There is just so much talent out there....but...I'm not going to give up!.
It's been a quiet weekend...the boys hunting and Kayla working. But it's finally Sunday and they are on thier way home. Gotta get back into the swing of things with work next week. Can't believe this is the last week of October already. Just isn't right.









No comments: