Tuesday, August 18, 2009

really bummed

I am pretty bummed. It appears that Fall Ball at the high school is not what I thought it would be and just because you sign up doesn't mean you get to participate. SOOOOO it appears that they only have so many slots and give those to existing players and upcoming freshman so slots left is then filled. So Shawn may not get to play at all. I am pretty aggravated. One because we already have bought him a glove. Two...because practice starts next week and we want know until the end of this week if he even gets a slot. And three...the coach pretty much made it seem that he wouldn't have a chance in Spring because it is an "elite" group of boys because they are State winners...blah blah blah.

Anyway...aggravated because I wanted my son involved in some sort of sport in school and there is nothing else he wants to play. He really and truly had his heart set on baseball. There is still that slim hope of a chance that they will have a slot for him. I am hoping and praying. I really want this for him.

Day one of school went well. He seems to like his classes and told me yesterday he felt it was going to be a good year. GOOD!!!

No comments: