Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reality

nothing like a slap of reality to bring you back down to the ground.

I got a call this morning from our Optical Manager. "Do you remember Kim Hicks"...my response "Well yes, little blonde Kim, frame rep for Marchon". "Yes that is the one....well she was murdered!"

WHAT!

little blonde Kim. Sweet Kim. Her parents found her body yesterday in her home. She was 39 years old. Just started a new job in Canton as an LDO. She had two boys. The "rumor" is that she filed for divorce from her new husband and that he is now gone along with her car. The talk is that he did this. I have been lost all day. Lost in thought. Wondering WHY people feel it is necessary to take another life. I just don't understand it. Maybe I never will. I don't know. But all I can think about is a life cut way to short...hell...I'm 37....she had so many more great years....2 boys that no longer have a mother...2 parents that have lost a child. ....I just don't understand....I don't understand....

4 comments:

R said...

And you won't.
Her boys need your prayers and that husband of hers in that new shiny car.
Maybe a bolt of FAST LIGHTN!

Elizabeth said...

That is horrible! I will be praying for this family and for whomever that did it come forth!!!

Anonymous said...

Things like this just don't make any sense. Small children losing their mother. Parents burying their child...parents should never have to bury a child. Prayers go out to her family and friends.

mama_in_pajamas said...

oh how sad! I hate hearing about things like this.