a little recap of 2008.
It was a very busy and crazy year.
- Kayla turned 18
- Shawn turned 15
- Both of my kids are in High School
- Shawn failed the Math CRCT which was a shock to us all but he recovered, retook it, and is now in Advanced Math in High School (struggling a lot but I am still proud of him)
- Kayla got her first job working as a Summer Camp Counselor. It's a shame she can't seem to find another job that is full time
- I had several more pages published...with Somerset and Scrapbooking & Beyond
- I made the Gutter Girlz Design Team and my term with IAmAScrapaholic Design Team came to a close. Still working strong with Serendipitykits!
- I had surgery in the Summer. It was a scary time because I worried about cancer, with things going on in my body that shouldn't...but once it was all over and done it was the best thing I have done
- Kayla began the process of having her tooth implant. It will be a long road but the worst is behind us and soon she will have a gorgeous smile again without worrying about retainers
- We spent way to much money on senior pictures that turned out FANTASTIC and reminded me just how beautiful Kayla is (that is when she isn't being a typical 18 year old pain in my tush)
- I helped my Aunt Ramona paint and paint and paint my nanny's house which is being remodeled. It is fun but at the same time sad
- We spent a week in Gatlinburg for our family vacation BUT...this was the first time we weren't a complete family. Kayla stayed home for the very first time and did not go with us
- EPHS made it to the state playoffs again. Way to go EPHS
- the Raider Brigade did wonderful in their marching competition season. It was bitter sweet watching Kayla this year knowing that this would once again be the last time I got to "be" at competitions.
- My neice Rachael had a beautiful boy, Landon, in October. He is a wonderful addition to the Thackston family
- I have continued to hound and work on the Thackston genealogy tree. I have made lots of wonderful connects and made huge leaps in finding information and pictures. It's really been a fun ride that I don't want to end.
- We redone our bathroom...well...partially...it will continue into 2009 =(
- Shawn received his learners permit. eek...two teenage drivers in the house. This is a problem
- we actually thought about buying land over at the Lake..where the old trailor park used to be. I hope that it works out that we can. I would love to have a little part of my families land. But the cards just have to fall just right.
- Shawn was the mascot for the EPHS football team. He was hilarious in that uniform. Even made it on the front cover of the school magazine.
Well that is all I can think of this morning that jumps out at me as milestones from this past year. I know this next year will be FULL of adventures. We start the application process for colleges. Kayla graduates in June. She turns 19. I plan on becoming a submitting fool to magazines and Design Teams. oh my it will be a busy year indeed! Hope you will join me for the ride =)