Sunday, March 18, 2018

Harry Potter Birthday party


Summer last year..."Butterbean" told me she wanted a Harry Potter birthday party! Well you know Nana has to oblige. I was so excited to start looking around Pinterest for ideas. The projects were super easy to make and so cost effective. I would have to say I spent about $10 total on decorations!

We had the party this weekend and it was a huge SUCCESS! The kids had a blast playing with their wands with Harry Potter glasses on. They sat and watched the first movie and part of the second. LOVED the cupcakes and the photo booth was fun for all!

Here are the links to do your own DIY Harry Potter party! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

The photo booth was so much fun! I used a project board from Michael's....cut out the center and then layered the board with brick scrapbook paper. The wanted posters were found by searching through Google and just locating a good quality picture to print.


This is my favorite picture by far of "Butterbean" in her Slytherin robe

"Peanut" was just toooooo cute!


The wands were another project that was pretty easy to do and I used left over skewers that I had sitting around in the kitchen. Add some hot glue and paint...BAM.....cool wands! Here is the link to the blog I used for my wands.


 The Golden Snitches is another quick and easy project. I bought the candy from Walmart and used a simple wing svg file for my Cricut. The wings are hot glued onto the chocolate wrapper.


The Sorting Hat took me a little longer to make. But I think it turned out super cute and something she can play around with. I already had the yarn at home as well as the batting to make the hat puffy. You can find the pattern for this hat HERE. Her robe I found on Target.com as a Halloween costume. And the Slytherin scarf I hand made using a simple double crochet stitch.

The potion bottles was another one I LOVED making. A friend of mine was able to get me some empty liquor bottles. Once I washed them out I just took tissue paper and mod podged it on there. Making sure to wrinkle it up for texture. Cover the entire bottle with tissue paper. Once it is dry I just went over it with acrylic paint (even adding several colors on a couple of them). Let your paint dry and then take an ink pad in either black or brown and just rub it over the bottle for an aged look. The labels were found HERE. Just print them out and mod podge them on the bottles.




For the house crest signs I bought $1 store frames and then cut the images out with my cricut. Attach the vinyl to the front glass and then paint where ever you would like to add color. The SVG files can be found on etsy or if you are a member of some cricut facebook groups...you can find the free files there. They are for personal use only.


The candles are made from toilet paper rolls. HERE is a link to your own DIY candles. The only thing I done differently is that I decided to sit ours around the house instead of hanging from the ceiling. Time was of the essence and it was just easier. I also found that I had to add some thick double sided tape to the candle before inserting into the roll so that it would fit snug.



Last but not least....the Butterbeer cupcakes. I AM NOT a baker so this was a little tough for me. It is all from scratch. I would suggest using a different tip for your frosting bag since these really look like "poop" cakes but ya know....the kids didn't notice...just the adults...ROTFLOL! And prepare for a major sugar high! The recipe can be found HERE.


There was just a few more items I would have loved to make such as Pin the scar on Harry or the 9 3/4 wall but I just didn't have the time to get it all done.  I hope you can try a few of these out and be sure to let me know how it goes! Now I am excited to see what the next party theme will be!


2 comments:

AnthonyMarkus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!