Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bottles of Rainbows

So for those that know me....you know that I am never happy unless I am doing SOME sort of crafting. At the end of last year I decided to give in to the quilting bug (mainly because of my friend Emily and the fantastic work she did on my grandmothers quilts). So......when I found out I was going to be a grandmother, I decided to give quilting a try and make something for the baby. um wow what an experience.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. BUT......since the fall of last year...not only have I "hand quilted" one quilt but I have now completed one quilt and 3 more tops. pretty cool huh :) You can see a few shots of what I have done in the Quilt Tab at the top of the blog.

Another thing I love to do is search for new and fun quilts. I ran across this one the other day and I can't wait to get started on this one. Not sure what I will do with the quilt yet...I guess leave it laying in the living room for all to enjoy and cuddle under. This one will take some time to do because I have NO fabric. Well I have a few little pieces here and there but not enough to amount to anything. I will need to buy all the sold fabric and round me up some scraps.

Take a look at this Bottle Rainbow quilt. I am in love
http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2011/02/bottled-rainbows-ticker-tape-quilt.html
So I am trying to round up scraps and then put a little moolah back for the solids and then get started on this one.

Although I think I might need to finish getting my blocks together for the Birdie Stitches quilt...and then across the quilt top that is in the corner because I gave up on it. sigh...there is never enough time in the day to get it all done.

No comments: