Saturday, October 30, 2010

Baby Girl Frame - Glue Dots



I found this frame clearanced at Michael's back in the spring. I couldn't wait to find the right project for it. When I got my Oct kit from Scrap-Tastic I knew what that project was going to be. Add some Glue Dots and away we go!

The first thing I did was spray paint the entire frame with some left over white paint I had at the house. Just enough to distress the edges.

I took Glue Dots ® Glue Lines and lined all the edges of the frames. I then took October Afternoon Depot Park and The Girls Paperie Paper Girl patterned paper and layered my paper on top. I then was able to use an xacto knife to cut out the center portion and set it aside.

Taking Tim Holtz Black Soot ink, I distressed all the edges and then used a Micron pen to draw lines around the edges.

Take die cuts from The Girls Paperie and ink all the edges. Using Glue Dots ® Pop Up dots, attach the die cuts and Prima butterflies to each frame. I finished this gift off by adding some flowers and chipboard.

I took the extra "center" peices of the patterned paper and used that to go in the center and later pictures can be cut and layered on top.

This will be a baby shower gift for my daughter so that she can put pictures of her new daughter in them and hang in the nursery.

"I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team"

Becky Thackston

No comments: