Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Altered Canvas



I love to paint so while I was playing around with a canvas that I was making with the October Scrap-Tastic kit, I decided I would try using my Glue Dots ®. They worked perfectly and I think you would really have a great time trying this project too!

Take your canvas and just mix a few colors up and paint all over (I used some green and white, mixing the paints on the canvas). Once you have the desired color for the base then paint the edges black and overlap it just a tad onto the front of the canvas. To me this gives it a distressed look.

Splatter some white acrylic paint all over the top and then set it aside to dry.

While the paint is drying I took my patterned paper and cut out several different size of circles (they don't need to be even). I then distressed the papers by wrinkling up the paper and tearing some edges.

Using the Glue Dots Pop Up ® dots I then adhered each "petal" down onto each other until I got the desired thickness I was looking for. I added brads or Prima flowers to the center for added dimension. I then ran over the edges of the flowers with Tim Holtz Distress inks.

Arrange the flowers onto the canvas and adhere using the Glue Dots Craft ® dots.

Using a mixture of green and brown, paint the stem and leaves.

I added a quote and added the velvet ribbon using Glue Dots Glue Lines ®.

The whole project took about an hour, including drying time.

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team!

3 comments:

Glenda T. said...

Congrats on making the Magistical Memories team girly!!! They are so lucky to have you and you will love working for them!!!! yay!!!!!

Turnedgypsy said...

awesome projects


Chris
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

PS I HAVE A CARD CHALLENGE GOING ON RIGHT NOW TOO.

Little ol' Me said...

VERY pretty!