Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gutter Girlz and More




Head on over to the Gutter Girlz blog and try your hand at this months challenge. I took this picture of my grandmothers house this summer. She has been gone now for 3 years. I can remember playing in the yard all the time when I was little. I can remember the smell of her house like I was just in there. I wanted to scrap her house and just remember what it was like being a child again and romping through the yard. I really like how this turned out and by altering the photo I think it blended into the green very well :)








Another layout I got finished this week was for the SYTYCS challenge at TallyScrapper. I scrapped my cute great neice...I just can't resist this photo...lol. I also made the flower so that it would match the paper. I am really in love with making these flowers. I also LOVE the iRock took which I used for all the bling around the flower. It is pretty cool that is for sure. I am going to have to collect all the different colored gems now...lol
Today I think I will work on the challenge over at Creative Imaginations. I've really been in the scrappy mood lately but just haven't had the time to work on much. We will see if I can make the time this evening. I have to work and then will come home and snatch my daughter and take her to the gym....ALTHOUGH...my son will have his girlfriend over so I might have to wait and put the gym off until tomorrow...lol AND speaking of the gym.....today I start week 4 of my Thrive Weight Loss and I am down 8.6. I only have 13 more lbs to go!! I can't believe it! I am super excited about that and it makes me want to work even harder. Even my husband can tell I have lost some weight. wootwoot! Okay.....I've sat here long enough and now I need to get this wrapped up and get ready for work. Wish I had the day off. That sure would be nice!!!!






I'm ready for the weekend where I will be meeting my online friend Judy at West GA college to take a Debby Schuh class! I. Can't. Wait. This album will be just perfect for my upcoming grandbaby!!!!!!

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

love the layouts! Hope you have a blast on your trip!!

TracyM #6773 said...

Beautiful layouts Becky!!!

... my Grandma has been gone for a while too and I love the idea of going by to take a photo of her house for a layout - so many happy memories :)

Congrats on your diet - nothing helps more than when people start noticing => it will make the next few pounds so much easier!!!

Happy scrapping for the weekend :)